Accumulator bets are among the most popular ways to bet, with the rise of bet builder functions only enhancing the demand for the betting accumulator. On the surface, an accumulator in betting, or rather, acca betting, is just the process of betting on several outcomes with one wager, but there’s a bit more going on than that.
With the potential to enhance odds by adding outcomes that appear to be easy calls, fans of all sports seek acca tips, particularly Saturday acca tips, to make the most of a bet accumulator. If you’re new to betting or want to be crystal clear on what an acca bet is, we answer that question here and offer acca tips, calculations, and strategies.
What Is an Acca Bet?
An acca bet is simply a single bet that relies on multiple outcomes, sometimes from different markets. An accumulator in betting ranges from a double – with two selections – all of the way to a 13-fold, and sometimes beyond.
So, acca betting can mean that you put five outcomes into one bet slip to stake a single wager on all of the outcomes happening. That said, sometimes an acca bet refers to system bets. These also involve multiple selections in the bet slip, but system bets like the Canadian and Lucky 31 place a bet on every or almost every selection and combination in a series of bet accumulators.
How Does an Accumulator Bet Work?
To place an accumulator bet, you tap or click on several sets of odds that you think will happen. This combines their odds and multiplies them by the number of selections in the bet slip. You then place a wager to cover all outcomes.
Without a feature like betting acca insurance, the bet accumulator will lose if just one outcome doesn’t land. Accumulator bets increase in odds with more selections, but there’s usually a payout cap with the bookmaker. So sometimes, it’s better to cut down a betting accumulator to fewer picks.
In football, an accumulator bet could take the form of having Bayern Munich, Manchester City, Real Madrid, Celtic, and Olympique Lyonnais all to win on the night. Or you might look to mix it up with multiple markets, such as by having a betting accumulator of Lionel Messi to score, Over 7.5 corners in Paris Saint-Germain vs Saint Etienne, Sevilla to win, and Liverpool -1.
Types of Accumulator Bets
There are several forms of accumulator bets. The type essentially indicates the number of selections that make up the bet.
System betting could also be considered as a part of acca betting as it allows you to easily place several accumulator bets at once to cover all combinations of outcomes.
While you can check it all out on our betting terms page, here’s a look at the types of accumulator bets:
- Double: Two picks, needs two winners.
- Treble: Three picks, needs three winners.
- Four-Fold and Above: Name indicates the number of picks, all need to win.
- Trixie: Three picks go into three doubles and one treble bet.
- Patent: Three picks go into three singles, three doubles, and one treble.
- Yankee: Four picks go into six doubles, four trebles, and one four-fold.
- Lucky 15: Four picks go into four singles, six doubles, four trebles, and one four-fold.
- Canadian (Super Yankee): Five picks go into ten doubles, ten trebles, five four-folds, and one five-fold.
- Lucky 31: Five picks go into five singles, ten doubles, ten trebles, five four-folds, and one five-fold.
- Heinz: Six picks go into 15 doubles, 20 trebles, 15 four-folds, six five-folds, and one six-fold.
- Lucky 63: Six picks go into six singles, 15 doubles, 20 trebles, 15 four-folds, six five-folds, and one six-fold.
- Super Heinz: Seven picks go into 21 doubles, 35 trebles, 35 four-folds, 21 five-folds, seven six-folds, and one seven-fold.
- Goliath: Eight picks go 28 doubles, 56 trebles, 70 four-folds, 56 five-folds, 28 six-folds, eight seven-folds, and an eight-fold.
How to Place an Accumulator Bet
To work out how to place an accumulator bet, you first need to find all of the markets and outcomes that you want to bet on. Once you’ve found your odds for acca betting, here’s the step-by-step process of how to place an accumulator bet:
- Click on all of the odds that you want to include for your accumulator betting;
- Go to the bet slip;
- Select the tab for Multiples or scroll down to the foot of the bet slip to see the acca betting options;
- Put your stake in the accumulator betting option, paying close attention to how many bets it covers;
- With a system bet accumulator, you place separate wagers on each possible acca.
- Check the total stake and returns, and the press the bet button.
How to Work Out an Accumulator Bet
If you can’t access or find an accumulator odds calculator, or your chosen platform doesn’t run a bet accumulator calculator in the bet slip, you can still do your own mental mathematics to serve as your acca odds calculator.
The key accumulator bet calculator equation is the odds multiplied by the stake, and then that total return (including the stake value) gets multiplied by the second odds, and then the total gets multiplied by the third odds, and so on. This cumulative growth of value gives the bet accumulator hefty odds.
As an example of how to calculate an accumulator bet, if you build a four-fold of odds at 4/6, 2/1, 1/1, and 5/7 with a £1 stake, you’d get a total return of £17.14 rather than £1.67, £3.00, £2.00, and £1.71 for a total of £8.38 for four single £1 bets. As you can see, a Saturday acca has much greater potential returns than a set of singles, but with them all being combined, it does come with additional risk.
Acca Betting Strategy and Tips
The best accumulator tips today all point to exploring deeper markets, doing your research, making use of modern bet accumulator features, and not overstretching. Here are some top accumulator tips to keep in mind throughout the week. Saturday accumulator tips feature prominently, as that's when the bulk of football betting takes place.
Among the best acca tips today are:
- Keep your betting app to hand when your games are live
- Be ready to Cash Out
- Make the most of any Acca Insurance offers
Our bet accumulator tips also include looking through all of the available markets, even ones that you usually wouldn’t, to truly leverage the enhancement of cumulative odds. That's the basis of acca betting, after all. If you like the look of some of the below-evens odds, add them in for your acca for today. Especially if they’re low-risk.
As with all forms of betting, the best acca betting strategy is to do your research into every market that you seek to bet on.
For football, websites like Transfermarkt and WhoScored are great resources. In US sports, the Reference websites offer complete hauls of sports stats.
If you’re betting with a good site, you’ll likely find that they present all of the stats that you need. That’s another of our accumulator betting tips: bet with trusted platforms that have great odds.
Acca Tips from Expert Tipsters Today
If you want to get acca tips straight to your phone, sign up to our betting subscription services now. We are the best accumulator tips site for a whole range of markets and sports.
Combining our individual tips to make them into bet accumulator tips will help you to maximize the acca for today with top tips from expert tipsters with the boost given by the bet accumulator.